Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Husband ... The Chef

So Rob decided that he wanted to make some banana bread. He insisted on making it himself...because he wanted to make me a treat. The recipe that I have isn't very specific; it's just a list of ingredients. I told him kinda what order to do things to make the bread turn out. Well, the bananas were frozen and he defrosted them a little, but added them to the mix still fairly frozen. Because the bananas were frozen, the shortening started clumping up and wouldn't beat out. Well, this is my brilliant husbands solution...
You notice that the mixer bowl is sitting in a plastic bowl. Rob had me fill the plastic bowl with warm water while we mixed. I was a little hesitant at first...but we did it, and I'm proud to way it worked. The shortening smoothed out and the bread turned out amazing!! :) Why do I ever even doubt him?!?!?!
Oh...and I had to include a cute pic of Tay. She loves her new backpack, even though she's still a little small for it. I tried to take her out of it and put her in her walker, which she loves, and she threw a fit. She sat in the backpack for about 5 minutes before she would let me take her out!!

1 comment: