Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Pumpkin Pecan Pie


So Rob wanted pecan pie for Thanksgiving and I figured that I could do that much since he didn't get to be at home with his family. I told my mom that I was going to make one and she suggested a pumkpin pecan pie and rob agreed. It turned out amazing!! Not only did it look pretty but it might be my favorite pie ever. Here is the recipe...
3/4 c brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c canned pumpkin
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 c dark corn syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 unbaked 9 in. pie shell
3/4 c corsely chopped pecans
20 pecan halves
whipped cream
Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Add pumpkin, eggs, corn syrup, and vanilla; beat well. Pour into pie shell - sprinkle with chopped pecans. ( I just mixed them in before I filled the shell.) Place the half pecans on the top. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, reduce heat to 350 and bake for 25 more minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the pie comes out clean. (I had to bake it a little longer than the 25 minutes.) Cool.

1 comment:

  1. Well aren't you the sweetest little, barefoot, kitchen housewife. ;D

    ReplyDelete