Thursday, January 2, 2014

Projects...

Well, we've been keeping busy!  On Labor Day, we started finishing the basement; and when Mom and Dad called in October to tell us that they were coming for Christmas, the work went into overdrive so that we could get it done in time for them to come.  We are grateful that Tiff and Nick are so close because they made a few trips down to help us out.  Nick's expertise was especially helpful!


The girls loved getting in on the work!



 Matthew too...
 Rob by far put the most man hours into our little project!
Carpet went in the Wednesday before Christmas!  Just in time for Grandpa, Grandma and Uncle Tyler to come!!
We took a wall out of the girls' bathroom and had to replace some tile where the door was.  We decided to use a decorative pattern instead of trying to match the tile!
 I also had a couple of projects going on on the side!!  This table was given to us by a member of our ward.  It was originally the color of natural oak with a white glaze on it. (I can't find the before picture!)  I spent hours...and I mean hours sanding it down and then Rob helped me stain it a nice dark color.  We love it!  
Another woman in our ward gave us this china cabinet!  I painted it up and then Rob helped me distress it.  It is a great addition to the dining area...and now I can actually display Great Aunt Pat's china!!


Rob and I aren't sure what we're going to do with all of the time that we will have in the evenings now!!  I'm sure that we will figure something out!!  

Oh and I had to add these!  The girls got to do a project on one of our MANY trips to Home Depot and Lowes!







No comments:

Post a Comment